NAME________________________ DATE_____________ HOUR_____________
SPONGES – THE PHYLUM PORIFERA
443-447 INVERTEBRATE INTRODUCTION
SPECIFIC TO SPONGES
1. Where do they live? What are examples of their habitat and food source?
2. How are these animals important to humans and the environment?
3. How are these animals unique?
4. How do they support their shape? Do they have a skeleton?
5. How do they get oxygen and get rid of Carbon Dioxide?
6. How do these animals reproduce? What is the life cycle like?
7. What is their nervous system like? Do they have specific sensory structures?
8. What type of circulatory system do these animals have?
9. What is their excretory system like? How do they eliminate the wastes we get rid of as urine?
10. How do these animals digest their food? Do they have a complete digestive system?
11. What are some examples of this group of animals?
12. What makes an animal an animal?
13. All animals are heterotrophic, what is a heterotroph?
14. How are sponges like animals. Why were sponges once thought to be plants?
15. What does Porifera literally mean?
16. Sponges are multicellular, what does it mean to be multicellular
17. Are all sponges aquatic?