NAME________________________ DATE_____________ HOUR_____________
SNAILS, OCTOPUSES AND SQUID – THE PHYLUM MOLLUSKA
455-456 RESPIRATION OF THE INVERTEBRATES
SPECIFIC TO GROUP
649-653 AND 660-661
1. Where do they live? What are examples of their habitat and food source?
2. How are these animals important to humans and the environment?
3. How are these animals unique?
4. How do they support their shape? Do they have a skeleton?
5. How do they get oxygen and get rid of Carbon Dioxide?
6. How do these animals reproduce? What is the life cycle like?
7. What is their nervous system like? Do they have specific sensory structures?
8. What type of circulatory system do these animals have?
9. What is their excretory system like? How do they eliminate the wastes we get rid of as urine?
10. How do these animals digest their food? Do they have a complete digestive system?
11. What are some examples of this group of animals?
12. Describe the Mollusk body plan.
13. What is a radula and what does it do for the Mollusk?
14. What is the difference between an open and a closed circulatory system?
15. Which Mollusks have advanced sensory organs. How does this benefit them?
16. Describe the following Classes of Mollusks: